Mobile World Congress (MWC) is one of the world’s biggest tech show in mobile industry, and the MWC of 2016 is coming to end on February 25, 2016. On this event, many well-known smartphone OEMs will announce their best new smartphones and latest phone technologies, not just the big international manufacturers, but also the Chinese smartphone OEMs. And below introduce some best new phones released at MWC 2016 recently, with the prices and specifications of each best new phone confirmed by the manufacturers.
1. Best new phones at MWC 2016: LG G5
LG G5 is a metal body smartphone with a modular design, which is the intriguing point among the most of best new smartphones at MWC 2016. The battery slot is removable and changeable for other modules, like digital camera and hi-fi player, which are two modules only introduced by LG at MWC 2016, The LG G5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage (expandable via microSD), a removable 2,800 mAh battery, and Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It has a 5.3-inch, 2560 x 1440 resolution (QHD) display at 554ppi. The always-on display of LG G5 is another interesting point with which you can check the current time, battery status and notifications without waking the phone. And it is the first smartphone at the MWC tech show with three cameras: dual rear cameras with 16 MP and 8MP, and one front 8MP camera.
LG G5 specs:
- 5.3-inch quad HD IPS display with 2,560x1,440-pixel resolution and 554ppi
- 5.88 by 2.90 by 0.30 inches (149.4x73.9x7.7mm)
- 5.61 ounces (159 grams)
- 16-megapixel (78-degree wide) and 8-megapixel (135-degree wide) rear camera, can record 4K video
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530 GPU
- Removable 2,800mAh battery
- USB Type-C port
- Fingerprint sensor on the back home button
- 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage with up to 2TB of expandable storage with microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The price of LG G5 is not yet confirmed officially, but the report from CNET predicts the possible price would be about $550, £500 and AU$880 unlocked. The date of pre-order is not told to the Media and the public, but LG G5 is available for pre-register right now.
2. Best new phones at MWC 2016: Sony Xperia X, XA and X Performance
Sony announced three handsets at MWC 2016, X series and X Performance is the first flagship smartphone of Sony in 2016, with the latest Snapdragon 820 chipset, just as most of the best new smartphones from other top OEMs. The Sony Xperia X Performance and XA are designed as high-end smartphones and offer users the extremely great experience, with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. Both the two high-end smartphones boast a 23MP camera with Predictive Hybrid AF function, we must admit that photography is an area in which Sony excels. All the three Xperia series new smartphones are running the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Sony’s light user interface on top and a smattering of Sony apps. Sony Xperia XA is less powerful than other two handsets, with an octa-core processor from MediaTek, MT6755 and the 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Sony positions this new phone as mid-range smartphone, for Sony fans who want to buy an ultra slim smartphone from Sony company.
Specs of Sony Xperia X Performance, X and XA
The prices of the three best new phones have not yet announced by Sony, and we will update as soon as possible when the manufacturer confirmed the prices of them.
3. Best new phones at MWC 2016: Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge share many specifications and the screens are the main difference. The Galaxy S7 still has a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED screen with a Quad HD (1440x2560) resolution while the Galaxy S7 edge display has got bigger screen at 5.5 inch (still Quad HD). Like the LG G5, the two of best new phones will feature an always-on display, so you can check the time, date and notifications easily. To avoid battery drain, the screen will switch off at night and when the S7 is in your pocket. As most of the best new smartphones released at MWC 2016, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge will be running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The new technology used in both new phones is the IP68 certified water-resistant, which makes Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge unique from most of the high end smartphones.
Specs of Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- 5.1-inch/5.5-inch quad HD super AMOLED display with 2,560x1,440-pixel resolution with 534 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass back panel, Always-on display, curved edge screen, Capacitive multi-touch screen
- 5.94 by 2.86 by 0.30 inches (150.9x72.6x7.7mm)
- 5.54 ounces (157 grams)
- 12-megapixe rear camera, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, Auto HDR
- 5-megapixel front camera supporting dual video call
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core processor with Adreno 530 GPU, Exynos 8890 Octa core with Mali-T880 MP12
- Non-removable 3,600mAh battery
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- 4GB of RAM, 32GB or 64GB of internal storage with up to 200GB of expandable storage with microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The price of Galaxy S7 is $669 and $779 is for Galaxy S7 Edge, it will be available starting March 11th across 60 countries around the world. But users can pre-order these two new phones now with free Gear VR and several virtual reality games offered by Samsung.
4. Best new phones at MWC 2016: Xiaomi Mi 5
Xiaomi has taken the wraps off its next flagship Android phone, the Mi 5, which provides three versions and all are powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor with up to 4GB of LP-DDR4 RAM that Xiaomi reckons scored over 140,000 points in AnTuTu. The spec looks good, the price looks better, start from RMB 1,999, about $302, but these new phones are only available in China right now.
Specs of Xiaomi Mi 5
- 5.15 inch Full HD touch screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels display and 428 PPI, high color gamut, 95% NTSC
- 5.69 by 2.72 by 0.29 inches (144.6x69.2x7.3mm)
- 4.90 ounces (129 / 139 grams)
- 16-megapixe rear camera, phase detection auto focus, OIS, dual-LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR
- 4-megapixel front camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor up to 2.15GHz, with Adreno 530 GPU
- Non-removable 3,000mAh battery
- Fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connnector
- 4GB of RAM, 32GB or 64GB of internal storage for standard version, and 128GB internal storage for pro version.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
5. Best new phones at MWC 2016: Gionee S8
Gionee S8 offers an attractive metallic design, with no antenna lines and the new logo. This new phone released at MWC 2016 with detailed specs: MediaTek octa-core Helio P10 with 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, a 16MP camera with PDAF and laser autofocus, LTE Cat-6, a 5.5-inch 1080p display, a 3000 mAh battery with fast charging support, and Amigo 3.2 software based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Gionee S8 is expected to arrive globally by the end of next month and the price might be about $494.
How do you think of these best new smartphones at MWC 2016? Please leave your comment below.