Before the flagship smartphone is released officially, OnePlus, the China-based phone makers who have dedicated to developing high-mid-end smartphones for markets outside China and mainly released their smartphones in Europe and America countries. Recently, many medias have rumored that there would be on event for OnePlus 3 release on April 7. However, Android Authority has been told by OnePlus company that the OnePlus 3 is not going to launch on April 7’s event, which is just focused on the China market, and OnePlus will not be launching their next device then. According to the company’s convention, every year’s flagship killer of OnePlus will be released overseas, not in their home town China. So the OnePlus 3 might not be released on April 7 and will be launched as planned in the second quarter of 2016. But the specs and benchmarks of OnePlus 3 have been leaked on the website, so the release of OnePlus 3 will not influence us to review OnePlus 3 specs and benchmarks.
Like most of the new high end smartphones released in 2016, OnePlus 3 is rumored to be an upcoming Snapdragon 820 smartphone.
Estimated Specs of OnePlus 3:
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo with Adreno 530 GPU
- 5.5 inches LTPS IPS LCD capacitive FHD touchscreen of 16M colors and 1080 x 1920 pixels with 401 ppi pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Two variants: 4GB of RAM + 32GB of internal memory, and 6GB of RAM + 64GB of internal storage
- 16 MP, f/1.8, OIS, laser autofocus, dual-LED flash, 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.3 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR and supporting recording 2160p at 30fps
- 8MP front camera for selfie
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Dual SIM dual standby, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, LE, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, NFC, USB v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint scanner
The dimensions and battery volume specs of OnePlus 3 are not confirmed yet, we will update related specs later after OnePlus 3’release.
Even the full specs of OnePlus 3 are not confirmed yet, the benchmarks and design have been leaked online
Antutu Benchmarks of OnePlus 3
From the leaked benchmarks image from Antutu, OnePlus 3 has most of the specs listed above: Snapdragon 820 quad core processor, Adreno 530 GPU, Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, FHD touch screen, 16MP primary camera and 8MP front camera, 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
We have known that Snapdragon 820 ranks the no. 1 on the Antutu benchmarks standard for the smartphone chip performance while competing with Apple A9, Samsung Exynos 8890 and Kirin 950. And the Snapdragon 820 smartphones have a good performance in Antutu Benchmarks standard, HTC One 10 beats Xiaomi Mi 5 and gets the number one position in Antutu benchmarks, with a 156091 of Antutu benchmark score over Xiaomi Mi 5’s Antutu Score of 136,875. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is in the third position, with an Antutu benchmarks of 134,599. All the three Snapdragon 820 smartphones have a higher position in Antutu benchmarks than Apple iPhone 6s that is with a 133,781 Antutu benchmarks score.
Back to OnePlus 3, we can expect this Snapdragon 820 smartphone will have a good performance in Antutu benchmark standard.